A diet chart for weight loss or inch loss or fat loss is synonymous with dieting, starvation, exercise and sacrifice. A lot of people feel discouraged about even starting on a weight loss program because the whole idea sounds so demanding. It is time to put an end on this impression.
We have come across people who ask us for a ‘diet plan for weight loss’. There are individuals who want a diet chart for weight loss in 7 days. Many of them are just ready to do anything to shed the extra kilos. However, this motivation is often short-lived. Soon they are bored or fed up of the foods they eat. This is mainly is because their level of commitment is low. People assume that with a diet plan for seven days they can achieve desired results. But, after seven days, they regain all the lost weight. It is important to realize that losing weight is a long-term commitment to yourself. It is about changing your behavior, habits and the lifestyle for the better. It is therefore ideal to start living healthy instead of following a ‘general motors 7 days diet chart’.
Healthy Living instead of Dieting
While there are virtually countless reasons why people want to lose weight, it should be kept in mind that achieving good health and wellness are the ultimate goals. Remember that it is not all about being skinny but it’s about being fit and in top shape in all aspects – physically, mentally and emotionally.
The first step towards healthy Indian diet chart for weight loss is to determine a specific reason why you want to lose all that fat. There are many reasons for which people want a ‘diet chart to lose weight’. Do you want to look good on your wedding day? Are you aiming for a bikini body for an ultimate beach getaway? Are you dealing with low self-esteem? Do you want to wear specific clothes? The reasons are endless. However, there is only one ultimate goal – to lose weight.
The second step involves planning. What do you intend to do in order to lose weight? Are you planning to kill time in the gym or starve yourself to death? Are you thinking about saying goodbye to all your favorite desserts? Do you plan on skipping meals? All these can cross your mind. Still, the question remains; what does it take to achieve healthy weight loss?
The third step is commitment. This is where almost everyone fails. Once you get into the bandwagon of trying to lose weight, you must be committed – and stay committed. For various reasons, a lot of people fall from the bandwagon. The question is, “Why?”
What causes all the failures in weight loss?
The wrong mindset – this is perhaps the most common reason people fail in trying to achieve fat loss. The reasons are taken from a wrong perspective and the plan is so weak and baseless. Given this scenario, the commitment to achieve a healthy and fit body dies with the intention. As a result, fat loss becomes just a mere memory and reduction of waist circumference is just a dream.
This should not be your story. Healthy weight loss is possible for everyone and it can be achieved with some lifestyle modification. The whole idea should be focused on a long-term basis rather than on short term. This means that you should want to lose weight in order to live healthy for the rest of your life and not to temporarily fit into your bikini for the summer season.
It should be remembered that achieving a healthy weight is just half of the objective. The second half is maintaining it. How can this be done?
There is no need to spend endless hours in the gym or go through starvation. A little adjustment with how you live your everyday life can make a difference. It is all about balance and making the right choices without necessarily depriving yourself.
Start with the easy steps if you really want to treat your body to some inch loss. Keep in mind that even the most daunting – most difficult task – starts with the first step. These basic lifestyle modifications can make a huge difference in the long run.
- Instead of using the lift, climb the stairs. Start with 2 flights of stairs and gradually progress. Stair climbing burns 7 times more calories than using a lift.
- There is something relaxing and calming about taking a quiet walk around the park or neighborhood or wherever you feel comfortable. Walking is the most basic cardio exercise. You can decide on your pace and still burn fat regardless of how slow or how fast you go.
- Do the squats. Incorporate squats in your daily activities. You can squat while brushing your teeth, while in the shower while watching TV or even while waiting for the microwave. Doing some squats several times a day regardless of how long can lead to fat loss around the most problematic areas in the body like the hips, thighs and legs.
- Modify your diet. Do not starve yourself. Just make some adjustments with your list of groceries to make some room for the healthy stuff. How about some mixed fresh fruits for dessert instead of a cake? Skip the mayonnaise and go for yogurt or hung curd. Instead of heavy salad dressings, use olive oil and lemon. Choose millets like sorghum (jowar), pearl millet (bajra), finger millet (ragi) instead of wheat. Brush your parathas with oil instead of using 3 to 4 teaspoons of oil while roasting.
- Carefully select your groceries. To modify your lifestyle and achieve a healthy weight loss, you might need to modify your grocery list as well as diet chart to reduce weight. It is time to choose healthier snacks like fruits and vegetables instead of chips; and healthier food options like lean meat, chicken breast, fish, whole grain products and everything that is low in fat
- Limit the number of times you eat in fast food, cafes and restaurants. Distract yourself with the idea that you are saving money and not going on a diet. Whenever you feel like dining out, safe-keep the money intended for fast food or restaurant as savings, and then look for something else to eat at home. Doing this often can save you a lot of bucks while at the same time helping you lose weight as well
- Sleep early and say “no” to midnight snacks. Late night snacking is one of the main culprits why a lot of people gain so much weight. Adjust your sleeping schedule and avoid eating heavy meals four hours before going to bed. This may be quite difficult to do but it can benefit you a lot if your goal is to achieve a healthy weight through lifestyle modification
- Drink lots of water. Water can flush out the toxins from the body. It can help in reducing hunger pangs, and best of all, it does not contain any calories. To modify, infuse some mint, lemon and cucumber slices for a refreshing beverage. This can reduce bloating as well.
- Do some household chores. Forget about staying all day on your computer and gadgets and start moving around. In short, do not be a couch potato. Change your sheets, do the laundry, clean the yard, take your dog out for a walk or sweep the floor – anything to keep your body moving. This can make you more productive during the day and reduce the amount of time you spend on your electronic devices. Play songs that can stimulate and inspire you to move around
- Engage in outdoor activities. This is an excellent way to bond with friends and family. Go swimming, biking or running around a scenic view. Join running marathons for beginners and collect certificates or even medals as memorabilia. Organize a sports fest with family and friends for the weekend and come up with fun games. This is much better than doing a movie marathon or playing video games. Serve healthy food as well to encourage everyone to appreciate healthy lifestyle. This could be a regular event that everyone can look forward to.
Achieving healthy weight loss requires discipline and motivation. You have to help yourself by determining what weight management plan would work best for you. In this modern age when diet fads and slimming products are everywhere, it is very easy to be lured into trying them, only to end up losing time and money. They can even compromise your health and wellness. The best thing to do is to create a concrete plan that suits your lifestyle best. Know yourself first hand – what you believe would work best for you and what will not work at all.
For motivation, it helps to have a journal where you can keep track of your progress. You can write in your journal any meal plans you might have, how you intend to progress in your daily routine exercise and how much money you have saved from skipping the fast food. You may also write down the healthy food choices and activities you might want to try.
Achieving healthy weight loss does not end with fat loss and inch loss or reduction of waist circumference. It is a way of life. It is all about making choices that are beneficial to your health and well being, which can last for a long, long time.