Everyone, from preteens to adults, experiences pimples at some point in his or her life. This is a totally normal and common skin problem to have, although the degree of severity varies.
Pimples can be caused by a number of different factors, such as lack of sleep, too much stress, unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle, hormonal changes in the body, side effects of certain medications, and genetics. Teenagers are usually the most prone to pimples because of the increased hormone levels in their body as they go through puberty.
Pimples can appear on the face, chest, back, scalp, and other areas of your skin. So, how to get rid of pimple marks and pimples entirely? While there is no definitive and permanent cure for pimples yet, there are many treatments for pimples and pimple marks, as well as preventive measures for pimples. In this article, you will get to know how to remove pimple marks as well as some effective pimples on face removal tips.
Other than expensive medical skin care products, there are actually many simple natural cures using common ingredients found in your refrigerator or kitchen to help minimize your pimple problem.
Here are 10 natural pimple and pimple mark removal home remedies you can try:
Aloe is known for its soothing anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It can reduce redness and swelling from pimples, and it can also fight infection, heal scars, and get rid of pimple marks. You can buy aloe vera gel in most health food stores (make sure it’s pure aloe, without any added ingredients), but it’s best if you can source natural aloe vera gel from the plant itself — you only have to cut open an aloe vera leaf to get the gel inside.
- Scoop or squeeze out the gel from the aloe vera leaf.
- Apply directly onto the affected area.
- Use this as a moisturizer once or twice a day.
Apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar, made from fermented unfiltered apple juice, contains certain organic acids that fight and kill bacteria, including acne-causing bacteria, and also reduces red pimple marks, suppresses inflammation, and prevents scarring.
- Mix one part apple cider vinegar and three parts water (Dilute further if you have very sensitive skin.)
- Apply this onto your skin using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash your face thoroughly.
- If your skin feels dry, use a moisturizer afterward.
Baking soda (also known as sodium bicarbonate) can be a gentle exfoliant for your skin, unplugging pores and removing dead skin. It can also help regulate the pH balance of your skin and has mild anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mix equal parts baking soda and water to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face to use as a facial mask.
- Leave the mask on for around 15 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Pat your face dry, and remember to moisturize.
- Use baking soda on your skin only once or twice a week.
You will be shocked that how to remove pimples from the face with the help of garlic? But yes, Garlic is a good natural remedy for pimples because it offers a lot of antibacterial properties. It is beneficial to your health, not just when you eat and digest it, but also when you apply it directly on your skin.
- Extract the juice from a clove of garlic and mix it with a little water.
- Dip a cotton ball into the garlic juice and apply onto your skin.
Green tea is high in antioxidants. While drinking it can promote good health, green tea can also be helpful when applied directly to your skin. Green tea can help fight bacteria, reduce sebum production, and decrease inflammation. There are creams and lotions that contain green tea, but it is easy to make your own home remedy for pimples with green tea.
- Steep green tea in boiling water for three to four minutes.
- After the tea has cooled down, use a cotton ball to apply it on your skin.
- Alternatively, you can pour the mixture into a spray bottle to spray onto your skin.
- Let dry, then rinse with water. You can also opt not to wash it off.
Both honey and cinnamon are excellent antioxidants. Honey has antibiotic properties and while cinnamon has antimicrobial properties that can help fight bacteria and inflammation, thus preventing pimples. You can use honey and cinnamon to make a mask to hydrate and heal the skin as well as get glowing skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of raw honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Apply mask onto your face or affected the area of your skin.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off thoroughly and pat dry.
Lemons are very rich in vitamin C and citric acid, which means they are good for skin exfoliation. Also, as an astringent, lemon juice can disinfect your skin to prevent the appearance of pimple marks or scars, and prevent new pimples from growing. Plus, lemon juice works as a natural skin whitener, so it can help reduce redness and effective remedy for glowing skin.
- Dip a cotton ball or cotton swap with lemon juice.
- Dab it on your pimple or problem area.
- If it stings, you can mix the lemon juice first with a bit of yogurt.
- Rinse with cool water afterward.
Mint can help remove oils that clog up your pores, so it can aid in preventing any pimple outbreaks. The menthol in mint also works as a natural anti-inflammatory and painkiller, so it can help alleviate any redness and swelling from pimples.
- Crush up fresh mint leaves using either a blender or a mortar and pestle.
- Rub the juice and mint leaves mixture onto your face.
- Leave it on your face for around 10 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly.
Plain raw papaya is an all-natural remedy for pimples because it removes dead skin cells and excess oils from the surface of your skin, which is why most soaps and facial cleansers use papaya as an ingredient. It also reduces inflammation and helps prevent us from forming.
- Mashup fresh papaya until it has a paste or lotion consistency.
- Apply and leave it on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Tea tree oil is an essential oil extracted from a particular tree native to Australia. It is often used as a home remedy for different conditions but is especially considered one of the best natural ingredients to use for skin care. With its antibacterial and anti-inflammation properties, it can unblock clogged pores, get rid of extra sebum and dead skin cells, and kill off acne-causing bacteria.
- Mix one part tea tree oil with nine parts water or aloe vera gel. (Make sure you never apply the oil to your skin undiluted.)
- Dip a cotton ball or cotton swab into the mixture and apply to your problem areas.
- Leave it on your skin for around 30 minutes.
- You can apply moisturizer afterward.
- Use this simple home remedy at most twice a day so you don’t dry up your skin.
While these home remedies for pimples marks can be effective, it does not help to be too dependent on them. The best way to fight an outbreak of pimples is to try your best to prevent them from popping up in the first place, beyond just maintaining a regular skin care routine that includes face-washing, moisturizing, and exfoliating using natural ingredients.
Here are a few simple tips on how to remove pimples naturally:
Maintaining a healthy diet can keep your skin and body healthy inside and out. Consume foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids and zinc. Eat more green leafy vegetables and lean protein. Cut back on carbs and sugary and oily foods. Avoid dairy if possible because dairy can cause hormonal changes that can trigger pimples.
Wash your pillowcase.
Your face and skin make direct contact with your pillowcase every night. Make sure to regularly — every week or so — change and wash your pillowcase because dirt and bacteria that stay there can seep into your pores as you sleep.
Promote a healthy lifestyle.
This is the actual answer to your question i.e. how to reduce pimple marks? Stress can affect your hormones, which can sometimes lead to pimple breakouts. It is always recommended to exercise regularly to reduce stress and promote good blood circulation for healthier skin. A regular sleep schedule and adequate hours of sleep can also help to prevent acne. Also, make it a habit to drink 10 to 12 glasses of water every day — this is the easiest thing you can do to have clear and healthy skin and prevent pimples.