Blackheads, commonly known as open-air pimples, are one of the biggest woes of women. Other than blackheads, there is another skin condition faced by most of the people called whiteheads. It is similar to the blackheads but varies in their colour. Both of them have given sleepless nights to women all across the world.
So how and why exactly do these grow on our face?
Whiteheads and blackheads grow due to oil secretion on the face. The pollutants accumulate the dirt which further settles on certain portion of our face like nose and chin causing blackheads. Meanwhile, whiteheads are a type of acne that is caused by the bacteria clogged in skin pore along with oils(sebum) that is secreted by the upper skin layer.
Before getting rid of whiteheads and questioning how to treat whiteheads, let us know especially how to remove whiteheads from nose.
How to prevent whiteheads?
A proper skincare routine can help in the long run in preventing whiteheads in the first place. A perfect skincare regimen is discussed below:
- Wash your face once in the evening using any mild product. You should also wash your face post work out or outdoor exposure.
- Use lukewarm water while cleansing and bathing.
- Avoid harsh scrubs while exfoliating as they can cause skin irritation.
- Exfoliate only a few times every week. It helps get rid of dead skin that tend to clog your pores. But exfoliating too often can lead to further irritation causing more acne problems.
- Wear a sunscreen suiting your face type, because the wrong use of sunscreen can also clog pores.
- Regularly wash your hair irrespective of the length of your hair because oil secreted from your scalp can also clog your pores.
- Keep hair products away from the vicinity of your face.
- Clean your smartphone, pillowcase, and sunglasses on alternate days in order to stop the accumulation of oil, dirt, and bacteria. This is one of the biggest ways of inviting skin problems. We might tend to ignore them but they are not as small as they seem to be.
In case you use makeup, there are few other things you should follow:
- Remove your makeup off every night. Don’t ever sleep without removing makeup. If you don’t have a proper makeup remover, use a basic coconut oil to do the task. Post this, wash your face well.
- Only use makeups which are “oil-free” and “noncomedogenic.” As they do not clog your pores.
- Discard old makeup. Creams need to be used within few months of its manufacture, while powders can be used at least up to a year.
- Avoid makeup jars without the pump technique as it can harbour bacteria.
- Clean makeup brushes and sponges after every use. One needs to be very regular in this.
- Refrain from sharing makeup or applicators.
How to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads?
When we talk about how to remove blackheads and whiteheads and how to get rid of whiteheads on a face the first thing that crosses our minds are the home remedies.
This one of the simplest way for the removal of the blackheads and whiteheads using the handiest product available worldwide which is toothpaste. Apply some of the toothpaste on the blackhead prone areas and let it dry. There might be a burning sensation right after the application, which will subside eventually. After the toothpaste dries, wipe it off with a damp cloth or a wet tissue. You can experience instant results. Just by touching the areas you will feel that the rough and uneven skin has transformed into a smooth and soft skin. Keep repeating this method every alternative day for 2 weeks to see a significant change.
Take some almonds to grind them into the powder form. Mix the powder with an estimated amount of rose water to make a thin paste. Apply it to the blackheads and whiteheads prone areas with the help of your fingertips. Followed by which you can apply the paste on to your whole face. Leave it for approximately 20 minutes and rinse it off the face with cold water. Similarly, you can make another paste by replacing almond with oatmeal which is also a cost-effective option.
Soak some amount of rice in milk for about 4 to 5 hours and then smash it into a thick paste. Then apply this mask unto your entire face while scrubbing it gently. Make sure you put extra pressure on the blackheads and whiteheads prone areas. After doing it for 5 to 10 minutes rinse your face with cold water.
You can make a pulp of raw potato by smashing some of its cut pieces. Then squeeze the juice and apply it over the blackheads and whiteheads prone area. Wait till the juice dries up and then remove it with water.
Baking Powder has an extraordinary quality which is its exfoliating properties. While suffering from whiteheads and blackheads on your skin, the essential thing is to exfoliate. Mix the Baking powder with water to make a paste which you must apply on your nose and chin and rubbing it slowly for 3- 4 minutes. After which keep it as it is for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
This is known to be one of the most effective ingredients when it comes to fighting blackheads and whiteheads on chin, nose, and face. You can apply it either individually or mixed with sugar. When applying only honey, apply some on the blackheads and whiteheads prone areas and wash it after 20 minutes with lukewarm water. While applying it with sugar, take 1 tbsp. of each ingredient and mix well. Then scrub your face gently for 10 minutes and washing it off with water afterward. This is how to get rid of whiteheads on a face.
Take a medium sized tomato and grind it well. Apply it to the face before going to bed and scrub it on the blackheads and whiteheads prone area gently for few minutes. Refrain from washing your face till the next morning. The antiseptic properties of tomato will help you deal with the blemishes in the right way and also answers how to get rid of whiteheads on nose.
Squeeze the juice of a lemon and then add a pinch of salt to it. It is one of the easiest recipes to fight the stubborn whiteheads and blackheads. Apply the mixture on the areas you see the marks of blackheads or whiteheads or both. After the application of the paste wash, you face after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
You can either make yogurt at home or get it from any shop. This is a primary item at your kitchen. But, it is also a natural remedy for removing the blackheads and whiteheads from your face. You can take 1 tbsp. of yogurt and mix it with a grainy substance like an oatmeal or sugar and apply this mixture on the blackheads and whiteheads prone areas. Then rub with your finger tips and after few minutes remove with water.
There is another effective remedy for how to get rid of whiteheads on chin. Mix cinnamon powder with lemon juice and apply this mixture all over your face. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off. It also removes dead skin cells and further improves your complexion. A word of advice – while making use of spices, do make sure that you examine it prior to your application in order to prevent reactions.
An effective way to remove blackheads & whiteheads quickly is to mix egg whites with honey. The white of the egg makes the pores of the skin firm whereas honey acts as a humectant. Mix 1 teaspoon of organic yogurt, half teaspoon of almond oil, one white from an egg, and a tablespoon of warm honey together. Keep mixing using a spoon or a fork to get the desired texture of the mixture. Apply some of it directly to form a thin layer on your face.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Take a steam bath and apply some apple cider vinegar onto your face and let it dry. But do not rinse it off as this will take care of your blackheads as well as whiteheads while you are sleeping.